"Due to the lack of government regulation in the natural products industry, and the misuse of the word as a marketing term, we felt it was important to define what natural means to us."
At the rocky Mountain Soap Company 100% natural is all that we do Period.
- We only use ingredients that are found in nature and have a positive effect on our bodies.
- By “found in nature” we mean ingredients that can be harvested and used in their original form or ingredients that can be extracted from plants or minerals e.g. beeswax and essential oils.
- We will not use natural ingredients that have a harmful effect on the body and/or environment e.g. mineral oil, talc.
- We will avoid using natural ingredients that are produced or extracted from their source materials using environmentally harmful processes e.g. Sulfonation and Ethoxylation which can leave behind harmful contaminants like 1, 4-Dioxane.
- We will not use ingredients that are manufactured and synthesized so they do not resemble any molecular structure that occurs in nature, even if they are made from natural plant or mineral ingredients e.g. sodium laurel sulphate (SLS).
- We will consider using ingredients that are found in nature but are only available when produced to be nature-identical for environmental and sustainability reasons.