Tips for Living an Earth-Friendy Life
First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day was created to honour the planet and bring awareness to the growing problems of pollution and to promote ecology and care for our global home. If you'd like to make more earth-friendly choices in your life but are overwhelmed by where to start, here is a short list to inspire and encourage you. Big changes happen one small step at a time. Help us care for the planet and our animal friends who share it.
- Walk, car-pool, bike or otherwise propel yourself around in energy efficient ways.
- Plant trees and grow perennial houseplants to help detoxify the air. Ferns, Gerbera Daisies, Aloe Vera, and Spider Plants are all great options for indoor house-plants.
- Buy organic when you can. Supporting the organic industry will help bring prices down over time and send a message to food producers that consumers want fruits and vegetables that are grown without the use of pesticides and herbicides.
- Keep your reusable bags in the car so you never have that 'shoot, I forgot!' moment ever again.
- Take a refillable tumbler or mug to the coffee shop.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Fix leaky taps and drafty windows and doors in your home.
- Support businesses that are investing in green technologies and initiatives to reduce their footprint.
- Turn your computer off at night. Even if its asleep it still draws a lot more energy than if it was off completely.
- And of course...purchase natural and earth-friendly body care and house-cleaning products.
Thank you for helping us remove toxins from our world. Together we can all have a positive impact and minimize the toxins that inevitably find their way into our watersheds and our homes.