Lavender Basil Lemonade
Why not combine two of mother nature's most aromatic and delightful herbs into a refreshing and unexpectedly delightful drink? They work so well in soap, we thought they'd add some magic to simple lemonade too, and we were right. This unique recipe is perfect to enjoy on a hot, sunny summer day.
Ingredients: 1 cup water to make lemonade syrup
1 cup sweetener of your choice (sugar, palm sugar, coconut sugar, xylitol)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (takes 5-6 lemons)
4 cups cool water
2 cups boiling water
4 lavender tea bags or
8g of loose lavender buds Fresh basil leaves, as much as you like. Save some for garnish
1 lemon for garnish
1. Place 1 cup water and 1 cup sweetener into a small saucepan and simmer. Stir well to completely dissolve the sweetener.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Combine the cooled sweetened water and the lemon juice into a pitcher.
4. Add 2-3 more cups of water until desired sweetness is achieved.
5. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Allow to cool a little.
6. Place lavender tea and basil in the water and cover, allow to steep for 25 minutes.
7. Strain into the pitcher of lemonade, cover and cool in the refrigerator.
8. Serve over ice, add garnish of basil and a few slices of lemon.
9. Enjoy the unique and refreshing flavour.