Pumpkin pie is a must for every Thanksgiving table. Here's a healthier version we love. You just might find yourself making it more often than once or twice a year!
- 3/4 cup pastry or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup palm sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar or xylitol
- 1 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Create a well and add in wet ingredients. Blend thoroughly.
- Press into 10" pan.
- Put in the oven and turn the oven up to 350F.
- Bake for 15 minutes, pressing as needed.
- Allow to cool.
- 1 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of palm sugar, coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 2tbsp xylitol or your choice of sweetener
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Blend the wet ingredients together.
- Blend the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the wet ingredients and add in the dry. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Bake for half an hour, remove from the oven and cool.
- Put in the fridge for half a day. It will continue to thicken.