Relax with Lavender
Sweet, floral and herbaceous? Yes, lavender. That's you we're talking about. For the last 2,500 years, Lavender has been a secret ingredient in the bathwater of Greeks and Romans to help wash and purify their skin. Not surprising that the word "lavender" literally means "to wash" in Latin, right?
More than just a bathtub secret, this traditional herb has also been used as a remedy for a range of ailments, from insomnia and anxiety, to depression and fatigue. That's because lavender produces this slight calming, soothing, and sedative effect when its scent is inhaled.
In folklore, pillows were actually filled with lavender flowers to help restless people fall sleep by helping to calm the nervous system. And today, frequent studies on elderly patients have shown an improvement in sleep, when sleep medication is replaced with some lavender essential oil on their pillows.
The calming nature of Lavender essential oil makes it an excellent remedy for the nerves and anxiety issues. It can even be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress; the refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion and restlessness, while also increasing mental activity. Oh Lavender, is there anything that you can't do?
Try some of our favourite tips to relax with Lavender:
- Start your morning with a relaxing shower with a Lavender infused soap or body wash.
- Steep dried lavender with honey in hot water for a relaxing herbal tea.
- Place 5-10 drops of Lavender Essential oil into your laundry when washing to give it a naturally relaxing scent.
- For headaches, try gently inhaling Lavender Essential oil or rubbing it into your temples with an aromatherapy stick (discontinued).
- Simmer dried lavender in a pot of water with some leftover citrus peels for a natural air freshener.
- Have your loved one treat you to a sensual massage to relax those tired muscles after a long day & promote a good nights sleep.
- Sink into a luxurious Lavender scented bubble bath or epsom salt bath before bed, like the Greek Goddess that you are.
Now, how about a relaxing browse through our Lavender-infused collection?