We Make Our Products in Our Eco-Friendly Workshop in Canmore
We believe that if our products are 100% natural and sustainable, then our workshop should live up to that standard too. So, two years ago we made the conscious decision to create a beautiful workplace for our Rocky team that was true to who we are.
Here are the few ways we made it a green workspace:
- We made the decision to purchase and renovate a used building instead of building a new one.
- Our marble counter tops are from the exterior of an office tower in Toronto which we refashioned for many spaces throughout the workshop.
- We made our boardroom table with fir that we salvaged from our old Vancouver store.
- Only low-VOC paint was used, we added solar electricity, and re-used insulation.
- We reused existing furnaces, lighting, doors, bathroom fixtures and kitchen cabinets as much as we can.
- We used reclaimed wood for all millwork and studs as well as recycled fiber carpeting.
- Any new lighting is from reclaimed sources.
- We up-cycled old pallets to make a decorative ceiling treatment.
- Existing and old cabinetry for our lab and offices was up-cycled and re-purposed for the new office
- Our desk stations are custom built from birch plywood instead of metals, laminates, and plastics.
- We found used appliances for our office kitchen.
- We used reclaimed barn fir for kitchen tables.
You can visit our eco-friendly workshop in Canmore on one of our weekly workshop tours! You’ll see how we make our 100% natural products, start to finish, and get the chance to tour our different departments to learn about all the different aspects of our business. You will also receive a $20 gift card to purchase your favorite products online or in-store.