DIY Aloe & Honey Face Mask
You can't find two more beneficial ingredients (not to mention easy to find) for the skin than Aloe Vera and Honey. Both of these delightful substances have enormous benefit for all skin types. Unpasteurized Honey is naturally anti-fungal (one of the reasons it never goes bad), antiseptic and is super-hydrating because it's a humectant and will pull moisture out of the air and into your skin.
Aloe Vera is bursting with vitamins and soothing properties. A piece of Aloe Vera cut fresh from the plant, sliced open and applied to sunburned skin will do wonders to speed healing and soothe the pain and tenderness.
So whether you have acne-prone skin or you're extremely dry and in need of a major quench, you will reap enormous benefit from combining these two ingredients and serving yourself with a nourishing, home-made face mask.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 3 inches of aloe vera leaf
How to do it:
- Slice the Aloe leaf open lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape all the juicy goodness from the inside.
- Blend the Aloe together with the Honey. You can do this right in the palm of your clean hand or in a small bowl.
- Make sure your hair is tied back so it doesn't get stuck in the mask.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently apply the mixture in a thin coat over the entire face, neck and if you like, chest area. Keep it out of your eyebrows, eyes, and nostrils.
- Relax for at least 15 minutes, allowing the mask to nourish your skin. It's best to wear an old button up shirt in case any of the mixture should drip as it warms to your body temperature.
- Rinse off with warm water and marvel at the instant glow your skin now has.
Don't have the time to make your own face mask?
Chose from one of our natural face masks.